6/17/2008

The final countdown...

(The song, The Final Countdown, should be playing in your head right now!)

3 more days... until SUMMER VACATION... Yahooooooo! There will be smiling... there will be celebrating.... there will be dancing.... and the kids think they get rid of their teachers in the summer... I think it's the other way around... teachers get rid of students for the summer. I shouldn't say that... I do like my students and love the work we do together, but... I am ready for a break.

Tonight I am finishing the last of my files... making sure everything is set before I send it to the next teacher. Then... I am done. I now have to pack up my classroom because I am moving to a different room. (This is a good move, one I chose!) It is right next to my current room, so not far to move... it will decrease some of the hallway noise which I am very much looking forward to.

I ran into a former student the other day... he was one of my favorites... though I am not supposed to have favorites. He said that I was taller than he remembered... this made me smile... he remembers me for things besides my height. I like that. It's actually a lesson I try to teach the kids... that their appearance is not what counts...and not how they should judge people... maybe it works... I hope so.

I got some beautiful pictures in my email today. My ex-boyfriend's younger sister had a baby recently. It's hard for me to believe because she was just a kid when I was with him... but I guess it has been a while. The baby is beautiful of course. Being the analyzer I am... I wondered, just for a split second... if we hadn't broken up... would I have had a baby yet? Why do we ask ourselves the what ifs? I have a lot of them... the what ifs... Even entertaining that question is silly because there are no ifs... in this situation. He was not right for me...and I was not right for him... but I do contemplate things. Some people may be surprised that I got an email from my ex. We've exchanged emails over the last couple of months... at first I was not open to it, for many reasons, but it has been ok. I don't hate him and am glad to hear that he is doing well and hearing about his family. It is hard breaking up... because you lose contact with more than the person you were dating...I haven't had much experience with that because I haven't had many serious relationships... but there is a part of me that would love to send something to my ex's sister, for the baby... but it feels like I shouldn't do that. It feels like I would be intruding a little... and I am sure they wouldn't want to be reminded of me... after all the last time I saw them all... was at the wedding of my ex's other sister... and everyone was asking when we were going to get married... not if... when... that's strange to think about. Life happens... it goes on... and beautiful things can happen. That baby... that baby is beautiful.

Meanwhile, life for mom and dad is also moving forward.... they came home for a doctor appointment and I was wondering if they would stay home for a while... but nope... they are leaving again tomorrow to go back up. That makes me happy.

Procrastinating also makes me happy... but... it means things don't get done... so I need to go now... stop procrastinating... and get that file done!!!

3 days THREE DAYS!!!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place