6/23/2008

Shut Up Already


I worked at the toll booth last night.... wasn't a scheduled shift, but was called in last minute. I was happy to get some more hours. It would have been a nice shift had my coworker of the evening been a little more.... silent. Oh my... he did not shut up... and usually I enjoy chatting - it makes the shift go by faster, but this guy had one topic on his mind... his "girlfriend." Now... normally conversations about girlfriends are pretty harmless... this guy... I felt bad for him... I think he is a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic. His "girlfriend" is a woman he has spent maybe 8 hours with in the last 10 months... those hours have been while she is at work....with him paying her.....She... is a stripper at the local strip club. Their "quality time" has involved him paying between $300 and $500 dollars AN HOUR! He is convinced that they have a future together... that they are boyfriend/girlfriend... that she has been honest with him and that she does things for him in their private sessions that she doesn't do for other clients...that they have seen all of each other... Ewwwwww... I wanted to poke my eyes out with coin wrappers... I basically told him she was using him and that she had no use for him outside of the club... he said he knew that but that they had told each other that they love each other... LOVE? Oh My GOD!!! Seriously? He gave me some details that I didn't need to hear. Finally I told him that he needs to be careful because he was going to get himself into trouble at work talking that way... he asked what I meant and I said that some of the things he was talking about could be taken as sexual harassment and that obviously this woman has messed him up... and that if it was impacting him at work.. enough so he droned on and on for about 6 hours straight.... he was not in a good place.. He added that he trusted her... SHUT UP.... He did stop talking about it after I told him that he could be accused of sexual harassment... adding that he had been warned by his manager already...for talking about going to the strip club, without the details he told me. Gross... I feel bad for the guy...but really... $300-$500 an hour to have a conversation with benefits?

That was a looooooooooong shift people... very long....

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place