6/21/2008

DMB

Do you ever hear music that makes you feel like summer? There are a couple of bands whose music makes me feel like summer. DaveMatthews Band is one of those bands... I love how you can really hear the individual instruments...trumpet... saxophone... love the bari sax... it's not just guitars and drums. I saw DMB for the first time two years ago at Fenway, which was a lot of fun. My good friends Sara and Phil are big DMB fans and have gotten me into it too... I love music.. all kinds of music, but those who know me well know that I am terrible at identifying bands, songs, etc... I am not one of those people that can be in a restaurant or anywhere else, hear a song and know its title and the band. But... when I hear DMB I think of summer...and being with my friends.
Next week I am seeing him again... and I am happy about that... I am once again going with Sara and Phil as well as another friend of mine, Alyssa. We are heading down early to tailgate and it should be a lot of fun.

Today is my first official day of vacation. Yippee! Yesterday after the kids left... a few of us went out to celebrate. Our celebration included margarita's, beer, hot wings, mexican food, laughter, and cute, flirtatious waiters...which is always fun. The celebration did not last as long as it has in years past... we headed home while it was still daylight... that's crazy. Today I am being laszy... but am thinking about heading towards the beach... with a book. I have started a book about buddhism. Maybe I will figure out the universe and will give you all the answers... although... I hear that the point of buddhism is the exploration of life's questions... therefore if I get the answers I won't be able to share them because it will be better for you to go on that journey yourself... how zen does that sound?

Anyway... I have not heard from my dr. about my MRI... but I need to let that go... I may send one more email this week, but if I get no response I will just wait...

enjoy the weekend..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? Wait for this idiot doctor to decide if he might want to e-mail you back and let you know where you stand? You call him Monday and tell whoever answers the phone (you know a doctor never will) to have him call you TODAY with the results. Let them know it is not a request. I Hate doctors.

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place