7/09/2009

Summer in Maine....finally

This is a blue heron that I spotted today while kayaking... they are such beautiful birds... large... It was finally sunny enough here to enjoy the outdoors..I got up fairly early and joined my friend, Sheila, in walking her chihuahuas... we walked for about 45 minutes at a slow pace... I ended up with a blister on my heel... because I wore socks that were really short and went below where the back of my sneaker comes... so... lesson learned..... they I went kayaking with another friend. We were on the water for about 3 hours.. and it was nice. I had a couple of 'tadpole terrace' moments.. where frogs who were peacefully resting amongst the lily pads got scared and jumped up as they dove into the water, and their splashes startled me and I admit, I screamed a little...it was nice to share the day with someone on the water. Then... I came home and unloaded the kayaks...(borrowed one from Sheila) ... then headed to Zumba... The class was PACKED tonight... crowded... there is supposed to be a limit to the number of people allowed in the class, but people came in late and joined in... it worked out alright, but it was tight... The zumba moves came more automatically to me tonight than they had on Tuesday. As each song started my body started moving, doing the choreography it has learned over the last few weeks... I liked that feeling.... it gave me some confidence... and I just went with it... my goal this week... is to re-learn how to skip...and hop... one of the routines involves skipping forwards and then back... and a few others involve hopping...and I have this mental block about jumping...hopping...about putting all of my weight onto one leg pushing myself off the ground and landing on that same leg... freaks me out... I worry about my knee... silly?? maybe... but this week... I am going to work on it... by next Thursday's Zumba class... I will at least be skipping... and working on hopping....I can do it I can do it.... my knee will support me... maybe I need to jump rope...

On my way home something strange happened... as I approached the part of my drive where I pass a lot of food establishments... and I often contemplate stopping in for a little snacky snack...maybe an ice cream at DQ... or a slice of pizza...just one slice.... and I don't stop... tonight... I stopped...at the grocery store... allowing myself to indulge... to give in to my craving... and let me tell you I enjoyed every single bite of the watermelon I got... I was craving watermelon... yummy!!!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place