7/14/2009

Holy Moly...

I was very happy to spend some time with my friend, Meg, this morning. She was in town doing an errand for her job and we had planned to hit the gym together then have breakfast together. She picked me up around 7:45 ish... we got to the gym and she did her thing and I did mine. I was determined to jump today... and I took my jump rope with me. I warmed up on the bike and then found a semi private area to jump rope, or at least try... so I did okay on two feet. I like the rhythm of jumping rope. It is tiring... way more tiring than I remember...way more... but I did get up some courage and managed to hop on one foot a few times...each leg, and I skipped...not fast, but I did... not wanting to overdo it on my first jump day... I moved on to other exercises. I did the exercises from physical therapy, for my knee... wanting to make sure I keep those muscles/get those muscles strong. Then I did some weight training for my arms, did some ab work and also did some back extensions... in all, we were at the gym for over an hour... and I was tired, but felt good... and even showed Meg my hopping skills... not graceful, but it's a start. I will try skipping at Zumba tonight....try being the key word... After our gym adventure and having breakfast, Sara called. She and Phil were on their way to walk Back Cove... and invited me to go with them. Meg had to get back to her town to go to work... so I had her drop me off at Back Cove and met up with Sara and Phil. Sara ran and Phil and I walked. We did 3.5 miles in an hour... not a bad pace.

I am sure I will be a little tired at Zumba tonight, but I am excited to go... I know that's a lot in one day, but... I will take it easy tomorrow.

I will let you know how the skipping at Zumba goes.... fingers crossed!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place