7/08/2009

Gym-less

I did not go to the gym today, no bike ride, no walking... just rested my body.... but have a walking date early tomorrow morning, kayaking midday, and of course ZUMBA tomorrow night. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my favorite days of my workout week... I really love going to Zumba....and I am happy to report that our instructor is going to add some new stuff to our routine... I am excited to change it up a little, and expand my fabulous collection of dance moves... oh yeah! (Since I have started doing my old PT exercises...my knee seems to be less sore after Zumba! could be that I have modified some of the moves to less twisty, but either way... it's working!)

Tonight I worked on the tolls...a short shift, 5 hours... which was fine. Yes I like the 8 hour shifts (and the accompanying paycheck) but I am okay with a shorter shift... it gives me time during the day to do a few things then time in the evening to relax...and blog...

I have received a few emails from people expressing their compassion for me about my feelings about missing mom. I appreciate the thoughts and emails... of course I miss her... and I think having time this summer is a good thing... as hard as it is at times... I think I am doing okay... I just started reading a book entitled The Shack, and so far it is interesting... a co-worker recommended it to me as school was ending... told me that she found it spiritual not preachy... that it is about a man's emotional journey to renewing his faith after losing one of his children and being angry with God....sounds like a good book... but I am still not in a place where religion is a part of my life... I am trying to find faith in things again... and am finding ways that are articulating that for me... having faith in my doctor's positive opinion about my knee...believing that the mountain really is hiding behind those unwavering clouds...and faith in myself, that I can stick to my exercise routine... which having faith in myself may be the biggest challenge... but it's a work in progress... so reading this book... maybe it will give/restore some hope and faith... but if not... I can always burn it, right? (I won't burn it, really... well...probably.... but will give it away if it is no good.) I find myself already reminding myself about the book, Conversations with God, that I have often referenced here, and reread excerpts often...that the premise of that book seems a bot hokey at times... so I am reminding myself that I read that book from a philosophical, not a literal, perspective...and think I need to do that again... I like the voice of the book, the way in which it is written... and am trying not to be cynical as I read... will keep you posted...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place