7/07/2009

The rain didn't stop me...

I had a great dinner with friends last night...we went to a hibachi/sushi place and I managed to bring some of my dinner home instead of eating it all! Sara and Phil along with other people in their family were there... before dinner we got a chance to talk about active things... Sara is training to run a full marathon and had run 8 miles yesterday and Phil is training to walk the half marathon (me too!) and had walked 5 miles! GREAT job!

This morning I got up and eventually made my way to the gym and did some strength training with legs and did some of the physical therapy exercises I did for my knee post surgery... I should do them regularly to keep the strength in the muscles around my knee... then tonight I got to the gym early before Zumba and walked on the treadmill for about a mile and a half and then my big toe started hurting... a tiny blister was starting... so I got off the treadmill, got a bandaid and got back on for another 0.25 miles... for a total of 1.75 miles... followed of course bu ZUMBA! The room seemed extra hot tonight, and it wasn't because of my fancy dance moves... so I sweat extra tonight... just what I needed! The post zumba shower tonight felt extra nice!!! My friend Debbie was there tonight too... she has begun doing the Yoga class that's right before Zumba... and I may consider joining her sometime... MAY... The last time she and I did yoga I felt like an elephant trying to balance on a circus ball... AWKWARD... but they didn't seem to be using any balls....

I am so excited and thankful that many of my friends and I are being active...I hope we stay active and healthy for a long, long time...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place