7/10/2009

It's official!

I had another good day... the sun was shining, yay, and I got to get outside for a walk with a friend... before meeting to walk I went and officially signed up for the half marathon. I am a little nervous about it... walking 13.1 miles is a long walk... and walking seems to bother me...makes my body sore... but I think it's just something I need to do more and get used to it. I will be ready...

I also bought myself a jump rope today... I couldn't find them at first so actually asked for help to find them... and the sales associate encouraged me to take them out of the packaging and try them out...right then and there... uhhh.... no thanks... not in front of you sir... I haven't jumped rope in ages...and one of my biggest klutz moves involved a jump rope, a pair of sandals, and a rock... so I looked through the jump ropes and found one designed for people up to 6'6" tall... perfect... so I got it out, held it like I was going to use it... and it was a little too long... WHAT? I know...crazy..but I was sure... so I got out another one and it seemed to be long enough... and I admit it... After the sales guy was gone... I tried it out.. barefooted...I was wearing sandals and learned my lesson from the incident referenced above.... keep your eyes on youtube... perhaps their security video of me jumping rope will show up somewhere... I was able to jump a few times... and felt pretty good about that... but admit that mentally I was trying to calculate how to jump on one foot while jump roping... BUT... I will do it... will figure it out... by next Thursday's zumba class I will be skipping at least....

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place