7/14/2009

About the hopping and skipping...

Ok... so I got to Zumba class tonight and shared my jumping/skipping goal with Debbie... told her I practiced today and she said she would be watching tonight to see how I did...

The first few times that the songs require jumping, they are fairly easy, single jumps followed by some hip shaking... that was ok.. I did that... and found myself hopping instead of bouncing in a couple places and felt pretty good about that... then came the song where we skip forward and skip back... I was so excited... and maybe a little overzealous... and the first round... well... my mind and body did not communicate well.. I think I looked like a giant in a cartoon, who was tip toeing through the smurf village in slow motion...with a slow motion eye widening expression going on too... and Debbie laughed at me... and I laughed at myself... but I didn't give up....the next time the skipping part came, I skipped... granted I missed the rhythm, but I did it... but by the end of the song, I skipped up and skipped back to the beat... Yahooooooooo! I did it! We'll see how my body feels tomorrow after such a full day of activities... I am planning a short bike ride (about 5 miles) and that's it for exercise tomorrow!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place