3/02/2008

"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans...."

My plan was to spend the day at school...to get things to a point where I would feel comfortable leaving my classroom for an indefinite amount of time. I got to school and used my fancy key fab thingy... which is computer coded and I simply have to hold it up to a sensor and the door opens... well I held it up... it beeped... the green light flashed... and the door did not open... hmmm... so I carried all my stuff back to my vehicle and drove around to the front entrance... same thing. Hmmm... now what... well...it was something I could not control... and though it made me mad... and made me know that I will have to do a lot of scrambling tomorrow in order to make things work... I figured... it did no good to get upset... and I took my lunch that I had brought with me... and drove to the ocean... to a place where I could stay in my vehicle and enjoy the ocean... it was beautiful. I was not the only one who had that idea... the place I went was pretty crowded... and beautiful...peaceful. I could have stayed there all day, but my bladder had other thoughts so I drove home. It was good that I did because I got to get a lot done here... did laundry got mostly packed for this week's journey. I didn't get to doing my dishes, but that will have to come tomorrow. I also got some school stuff done from here... notes to parents explaining why I will not be attending conferences this week and also advising them about their child going to high school. My sister is arriving tomorrow and I am sure that she will think that my place is a mess... because it is. I will clean it up tomorrow... I am not sure what my plan is beyond tomorrow... I am going to go to work, coach and not go to class... instead I will stay at school and get as much of what I was going to do today done... and the meet up with my sister for dinner. Depending on how much I get done at school... will decide if I go to school Tuesday or if I hit the road to get mentally ready for mom's surgery. It's a whirlwind...

1 comment:

K. said...

Hey, TallGall:
Karen here from CA. So sorry to hear aobut your Mom's tumor around the kidney. If it helps, my dad survived over 60 years with just one kidney. The body adapts. I'll keep you and your mom in my prayers.
-K-

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place