8/06/2012

Sis & The Boys!

Sis and the boys arrived in Maine on Saturday.  I am going to be spending most of the week with them and am feeling pretty lucky to have the chance to spend time with four of the most important people in my life.  

The boys are getting so big.  This picture is a bit distorted... Ben is not really taller than Sis... but the beach was sloped a bit... and if you notice Jack (on the right) is on his tip toes trying to be as tall as possible for this shot.  All of the boys have my sister's love of the ocean.  It is hard to keep them from the coast... swimming, boogie boarding, building with or digging in sand...they stay busy.  

Davin was up on a rock and I managed to make it look like he is on top of a big mountain... he was feeling like king of the world.  

All of the boys are very smart... all in their own ways... and this picture, reminded me that they are all contemplative too... wonder where they get that?

Ben't turn to be on the mountain top!

Davin spent a lot of his time digging in this... pool he dug... he, for whatever reason, loved putting his face in the water in the pool and blowing bubbles... 

In the meantime.. Ben was trying to make the perfect sandball... which of course he has read about and watched mythbusters so he has the technique down... 

And Jack was content to play in the sand too...

And Davin... still bubble blowing... we thought it was funny at first, but then we got a bit worried... didn't want the kid to drown in a puddle... so Sis asked him to stop...

Umm... Davin.... you got a little something... riiiiiiight there!  (sand in his eyelashes even!) 

As the tide came in we watched other people catching crabs... we were a bit tentative, not wanting to get pinched... one of the other people on the beach was nice enough to share one of his crabs with us... and after working up the nerve, Davin decided to hold him... 

Jack was less timid, but cautious... 

Walking back from the ocean to the rental house, Jack and Sis were talking about something... looks like a good talk... 
 Last night we played some cards.  Ben is determined to learn canasta (YAY!) and he and I stayed up til almost midnight playing... He's getting the idea.  

Today we went to the 'big beach'... where there are big waves... Look at these guys... LOVE them SOOO SOOO much!  

Davin didn't know I was there with my camera... this smile was purely out of happiness... love that... (He gets cold so easily compared to 'the brothers', but he works hard while he's in the water! 

Who's the redhead on the right?  SIS!  Yup.  She got in on the action.  I got some pics of her that make me smile... but I must first get her approval before posting... (Hoping that she returns the favor on the pics she took of me also boogie boarding!)  




Look at that face!!! 

Sis and her boys... together...


Family photo...

A self portrait.... decided to use my kayak hat to protect me from the sun... the rays have been brutal.. thankful for sunscreen! 






I came home tonight ... to make sure I filled up the trash can for this week's pick up.... I was going to do that tomorrow night, but Dad and Betty are going to come down for a night.  It will be fun to have everyone together!  Jacey will come down too, after she gets out of work.  

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place