8/12/2012

Food for thought...

One of the places I frequently stop when I am online is to a website that is dedicated to my family.  The truth is, many of the people there I have never met, but through our family tree I can figure out how we are related... if I took the time.  

This weekend there was a post, about a woman who died, named Subie.  I never met her.  She had been sick for a while and her partner and their daughter were with her when she died.  I am not 100% sure how I am related to her, but I know that there is some distance... but my heart goes out to her immediate family... 

Her partner shared this about Subie... and Subie's perspective on dying... 

She said she knew where she was going "out into the stars" from whence she came "to be a million pieces of energy in the universe."

I like this... this perspective on dying... it takes the religion out of it, but reflects being a part of everything and everyone... 

Rest in Peace Subie...  thank you... 

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place