5/03/2008

Not Unpacked... But having a party anyway!


Ok... so maybe party isn't the right word... I am having some gal pals over for a girls night... for some food and spirits! I am excited. I love having people over. I haven't done it in a while because my other house wasn't.. well... I got to a point where it was hard to make it look good and I didn't like having people over... so... now I have new digs... so that means entertaining. Granted there are boxes to avoid, and decorations are not up... BUT... that is no excuse to not hang with some friends and have some laughs. I spent the day getting ready.. making some food and I think it will come out well. I made a bean salad thingy... that is good.. though as I typw that I think of my aunt who, like me, is a huge texture person when it comes to her food... she would HATE it because it is a few different kind of beans, which she finds "fuzzy," some celery, some corn, and a dressing that is oil, sugar, and cider vinegar. It is very good. I also marinated and cooked some chicken, let it chill and sliced it up to put into a ceasar salad... yummy... and I bought a cake for dessert... Other people are bringing food too, but I am not sure what will arrive, so I have my bases covered - appetizer, meal, and dessert... That would probably be enough on its own, but it's fun to see what people bring.

I will take pictures... and may or may not post them. It depends on how much time is spent with the Captain! I haven't hung out with him in a while...

OH... BREAKING NEWS... I got my faucet fixed so that I can use my dishwasher!!! Oh yeah baby! I may be more excited about that than having friends over.... nah... the friends are better... but the dishwarsher is pretty good!

Enjoy your evenings!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place