5/18/2008

Sunday Sunday

Ahh... the weekend is coming to a close. It has been a good weekend... a busy weekend. I got to spend time with friends... some I hadn't seen in a while... and it was nice. I was treated to dinner and a movie last night and had a good time. Today has been filled with domestic chores. I did a little cleaning, went grocery shopping, put a lot of stuff in the freezer, and did some cooking to have food to take to work this week. I just finished watching the Celtics win their playoff series and am doing some laundry... I want to get some more things put away in my office/craft room tonight. We'll see if that happens or not.

I tried to ride my bike this weekend... and I'm not there yet. My quad is not liking it... so I need to go to the gym more and maybe try it again in June. As summer approaches I think about the 10 months that have passed since surgery... and how I am not yet 100%. Part of that is that I have not been as diligent about exercising as maybe I should have... but life has been happening all around me and I have done the best I could... I did walk around a little on Saturday and my knee tolerated it better than I expected... so perhaps a longer jaunt is in my future.

DOn't get me wrong.. there has been progress... and there is no comparison in how much better it feels in the pain department. I really don't have pain anymore, unless i have pushed myself too hard... so... I am satisfied so far... The scars are still there... a couple of weeks ago I showed them to someone at work who is new to the building, after having a conversation about knee pain... and she was mortified..."You AREN'T going to wear shorts this summer, ARE YOU?" How's that for not having a filter between your brain and your mouth? Oh well. I do wear shorts and will continue to do so. I wore shorts to the grocery store today and nobody seemed to be afraid. Oh well... it is what it is.

I have to say that I had a great time cooking today. I used my showtime knives a lot and was not disappointed. I have to admit that I used more knives than I needed to, but... I wanted to use the tools I have. I love to cook... and am excited to have a kitchen I can cook in. Yahoo!

This post feels a bit jumbled... but I wanted to do an update... Hope everyone had a good weekend.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place