5/26/2008

Indulgence

Mom was doig better yesterday... and I got my head out of my butt and was able to spend some time with her. She stayed in the hospital again today and it looks like she will come home tomorrow. I hope she does.. and hope it's not too soon.... and hope that she can have a good day and then she and dad can go camping...my fingers are all crossed... It was a tiring weekend...and I was only there for a couple of days... how tired are mom and dad?

I was hard on myself this weekend. This whole thing is hard... and I can't hold it together all the time. And... going off the deep end every once in a while is ok. After all... being so tall...means that things have to be pretty deep before they are over my head... but... I also need to be there and worry about myself later...

Today I was indulgent. I stayed home... watching one of my secret addictions.... Sex and the City... Then I made myself go to the gym and enjoyed it... came home did some unpacking.... some grilling... and then watching more of sex and the city... I need to watch the last season of it to prepare for the movie on Friday... I am SOOOO looking forward to it.... (and apparently before the movie I will enjoy a home-cooked meal...that I don't have to cook! Very nice!) A lot of people may find the show full off too much sex... but the show is about relationships... friendships... and I love it. The four main characters have such diverse personalties, yet connect to one another on so many levels. I see myself and my friends in each of the characters... and know that I have the kinds of friendships that exist in that show...for which I am blessed.

Plus... hours and hours of a show has been a welcomed escape...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place