5/30/2008

More questions than answers...


Romance.

Roses. Candles. Wine. Fireplace. Music.

Right?

Maybe.

What about laughter? Conversations? Kindness? Consideration? Commonground? Fun?

Going to the market after work to buy ingredients to cook at someone else's house...


I saw Sex and the City tonight. I am not going to give you any answers... but I do have some thoughts.

Do we fall in love? Falling makes me think of something that is accidental... often instigated by tripping? makes me think of getting hurt...an injury... of gashing my knee on a rock in my driveway when I was 8...floor burns on the basketball court... humpty dupmty... it just doesn't have a positive connotation... but clmbing... climbing is different.

Maybe I think we should climb into love...Climbing is intentional. Climbing is one step at a time. Somewhat controlled....Climbing has purpose. Climbing is alanogous of success...So... i don't want to fall in love... I want to climb into love... one step at a time... I don't want every step to be a conscious one. I want those moments where I stop climbing and look down and am surprised by how much ground has already been coverd... but... I think love should be a constant climb...

I recommend seeing the movie... not if you want to go to see the characters live happliy ever after with their prince charmings... but to see it as for seeing how much we love our friends...and how much we are loved by our friends. How life changes yet there are constants... in that I found beauty.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place