5/12/2013

Time to be outside...

Happy Mother's Day... 
Of course there is some sadness with today's holiday... but I tried hard today to not be sad... and for the most part was successful... This weekend was another family weekend.  We got together to celebrate and witness Jacey's graduation from college!  I am very happy for her and proud of her!  
Friday afternoon Jacey stopped by as we waited for the 'rents to arrive.  ('rents = parents) 
She was stressed out and had been having a rough week... facing many changes and transitions.  She is a sweetheart... and it is not my place to share a lot about her... but I will say that there are circumstances in her life... that have been difficult.  She was sad  because her father would not be attending her graduation... there were a few other things going on, but I think mostly it was about her dad... my heart broke for her... knowing how badly she would have loved for him to be there... to be well enough to be there... 
We got some time to chat a bit and then, when the 'rents arrived, we walked to get some dinner.  Saturday morning was an early day as we had to get up and be ready for the graduation ceremony.  We got to see Jacey cross the stage and receive her degree.  Yay Jacey!!!  
After graduation all of us, along with some other friends and family, went out to lunch then back to Jacey's for a while... I stayed until about 3:45 or so and then decided to head towards home and look for a dress to wear to the prom... didn't find any that I loved, by the way... I was invited to rejoin the family for breakfast this morning, but decided I was going to sleep in instead... and have a lazy morning... which I did... it was great.  
The truth is... when I settled in last night I started watching a movie, Finding Forrester, which is very good by the way.. worth watching, probably more than once... I then took some time to check and write some email... and then Meg called.  I knew she may be headed this way today and that we may try to get together.  She had some errands to run and she was bringing Gracie puppy with her... We ended up meeting and went for a short walk, in a place where Gracie could be off leash... which she loved... and it was nice to get a chance to visit.  Later I sat here and decided I wanted to go on a hunt for tulips... There is a place, not too far from where I live, that has an annual display of beautiful tulips... I have yet to hit is at the right time, there they are all at their best... but I am pleased with the pictures I took today... Here are a few for you to see... (not all tulips, of course... but all taken in and around my neighborhood.  I love the colors!) 









This is a little park with all the tulips... lots of people enjoying the colors... 


















It was nice to get out for a walk... I am going to try to walk each morning this week, before work... I think it will be good for me on many levels... 

This final picture... is for Mom... This is part of a roof on a house nearby... slate shingles... something Mom used to paint on... Whenever I see a slate roof I think of her.  

Love you Mom!  

Also... today... had a nice comment from Jill... I had posted something on facebook, wishing mothers a happy Mother's Day... she wrote, "You're pretty amazing yourself.  Just think of all the young lives you're impacting... pretty motherly I think! Love ya lady!" 
Thanks Jill.  
I think of my students as 'my kids' and while I am not a mother... I suppose I do a lot of mothering.... 


My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place