10/29/2012

A woman scorned?

Hurricane Sandy has arrived!
Wow... whichever man that really got Sandy angry must be a real pain in the.... 
She is mad and is not kidding around!  

School did not get out early today... at least in my district, but... I did leave, along with the rest of the staff soon after the kids left.  I drove to the coast which is close to my job... to take some pictures... When I opened my door to get out of my truck, the wind whipped it open...Sandy demanding my attention and respect... 
The wind was CRAZY!  It was really hard to walk against the wind.  I went to the cove area first... here are some shots...

Notice this person on the cliff (not smart, but good for realizing how high they are and how high the water is about to be....)

And the crashing wave!!! 




I then went over to the lighthouse part of the park... wish the raindrops were not on my lens... but you get the idea of the force of those waves...


This wave may be the biggest I have ever seen... nothing to show how big, but wow... made me think how scary the tsunami must have been... 

As I was walking away from the lighthouse the wind really was amazing, pushing me, forcing me to run at times... mother nature is a strong woman... 

Looking at the same cove in the first few pics,  from the other side ...






OK.. so that last picture isn't directly related to the hurricane... but... I have been hearing about this great little bakery that is in the town where I work... and I thought... if I am stranded at home tonight it may be nice to have a snack... and they had these mini cakes... so I said... Ok... it's so pretty, not sure I can eat it!!! 

I do hope people are safe during the storm.  

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place