6/29/2012

Pinch Me!

Seriously!?  Pinch me!  I am so happy!  
I am remembering what it feels like to have a fire in my belly for my career.  
Today was FANTASTIC! 

On my way to finish the new hire paperwork my phone rang.. it was a woman who I had emailed about a possible rental.  I will look at it tomorrow.  So cool! 
Then while filling out paperwork I learned my paycheck will start next week! Sweet!! I stopped to say hello to the Supt and ask for some reading for next week... she gave me 4 books!  (For the summer, not just for next week!)  
Then I called my hairdresser and asked if by chance they had any appointments today and sure enough... an appointment was available and fit perfectly into the rest of my day..(after a bit of shipping for some new dressy/casual summer clothes appropriate for an assistant principal)  And figured I had nothing to lose and called my garage to see if they had time to do an oil change and they sure did at a time that again, worked perfectly into my schedule.  I was on a roll! Then I went to Staples to buy a new planner... I splurged and bought a fancy one... leather bound and everything... Red!  
Then... 
Then I went to my new school!!!!!!!!!  Met with the other assistant principal and principal and it was AWESOME.  They seem so excited to have me on board.  The other AP said that he was so excited after meeting me at the interview, that my passion for kids was so apparent and he could tell I was really student centered.  AND he told me that he LOVES being an AP because of how much he gets to work with kids... MUSIC TO MY EARS!  Working with kids... ahhhhhhhhhhhh!  
They gave me a yearbook which is an AMAZING idea, allows me to start putting names with faces and get a bit of a feel for the school and see what clubs/activities there are for the kids.  And... I got to see MY office!  MY OFFICE!! Ahhhhhhhhhh!  So exciting! 
Then I went for the oil change... and one of my god friends called, Judy, and she asked if we could meet so I could drop off some books that she had me pick up the other day at school... and I told her I could swing by and drop them off... and when I got to her house my other great work friend Debbie was there and we had a GREAT visit!  They are so happy for me, and sad that I won' t be with them at work anymore... 
We agreed that we are going to spend time together this summer AND are going to set up monthly dinners to keep in touch.  I like that idea... A LOT.  
I feel GREAT... really really Great!  

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place