6/24/2012

A Clear Mind?

I wouldn't exactly say my mind is clear... but... today I had a moment... one of those subconscious sighs... where some stress was released... what was I doing that caused that? Kayaking... of course.  
Kayaking at the place very close to my house... It was a GREAT way to spend the afternoon.  





You have seen this place before, a few times... and one of the reasons I love to kayak is that every time you go someplace there are new things to see.  Today... the beaver dam was gone from the tunnel! (I am not sure if that was from the recent high water that could have washed it away, or if some humans decided the dam needed to go...)  

Of course I had to go through the tunnel and see what was on the other side...

It was pretty cool back there... a couple of narrow paths to explore... 

Felt like I was in unexplored territory... then I saw a boat on the land.  
 Frog! 

Then A heron flew out from the trees and I watched it fly and land in this tree...with TWO other herons.  WHOA!  I have never seen three herons together.  I was very excited.  My theory is that it's a parent with two youngsters... but who knows.  I could not get any closer,  so the quality of the picture is not great, but... that's okay.  



So I came back through the tunnel... and wondered about the expression, there's always light at the end of the tunnel... true.  There is.  No matter what side of the tunnel you enter... I think that no matter our paths, there is light ahead... and darkness... just as there is light and darkness behind us... 



I paddled up the river for a while.  The current was stronger than usual because of the recent rains... and after I had paddled paddled paddled... I decided to let the current take me... I surrendered a bit to it... put my feet up and went with the flow... 

 For a while...eventually I paddled again... but really enjoyed taking my time... A group of five other kayakers came down the river.  (How dare they interrupt me! HA!) I purposefully slowed down and let them pass so that I could have it all to myself... 








Ahhhhh.....my heart and soul needed this today.  

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place