6/23/2012

Perspective.... part 2

This picture seems appropriate today... because I have been feeling like I have my head in the sand... With all that is in my head... I have been kind of blocking out the rest of the world... 
But the rest of the world is moving... and things are happening.  
This week a dear friend and colleague, Pam, has been dealing with things that are so much bigger than my quest for a new job.  I wrote about her a while back, her husband has battled brain cancer for three years.  In April, the tumor was back and he had surgery in Boston to remove the tumor, for the third time.  They were told that would be the last surgery for the tumor due to fear of really damaging his brain.  
This week he had a follow up appointment including an MRI.  
Brain bleed. And tumor regrowth. 
He had surgery to stop the bleeding and they were able to retract some, maybe all of the regrowth... and they are now home... again... 
Such a hard road they are travelling. My heart aches for them.  

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place