5/10/2012

Whirlwind...

Holy Moly... seems like I have been inside a tornado over the last week.  One week ago I was in northern Maine having dinner with Dad and Betty following an interview for a principal job... and then I was back home for the wedding weekend... Monday I drove to NH for an interview... and it went so well they called me back on Tuesday for a second interview TOMORROW!  So... I am in NH tonight... I have been fighting a cold and didn't want to get up really early tomorrow and drive for two hours before an important interview... and... this job has real potential... so... I want to explore the area... I am staying in Manchester,  an area about 15 minutes from where the job is... and on my way here took some time to drive around the town where the job is... and there is more there than I thought... strip malls... lots of chain restaurants, etc... and then coming here, I was surprised at how big Manchester seems.  When I got off the highway I was pleasantly surprised by the city feel it had.. granted I am in the mall area... so it's a lot of chain restaurants and box stores... hotels, etc... but... I am going to head out soon to explore the downtown area.  Just learned that the Celtics are playing tonight... may be fun to go to a local watering hole to watch the game.

The idea of moving... to a new place... out of state... is a lot for my brain to process... non-Maine license plates... eek! That means I would be from 'away'... eek!  I would need a new doctor, gym, chirropractor, garage for my truck, which makes me wonder about the pre paid oil changes I paid for when I bought my truck... would those transfer? New places to explore, apartment hunting, what about the kayaks, storage? Ahhh so much to consider... but those considerations would be made if I stayed in Maine too...

ok.. enough thinking.. off to explore!  Cheers!

Oh yeah... it was also my birthday... and Mom's birthday...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place