5/19/2012

And a little job update.

So... Friday I took the principal from the NH job up on his offer... He had told me that if I was applying for jobs in the area to let him know and he would put in a good word for me.  So... I asked him if he would do so for another job in NH.  He responded and said he knew the person whose position I would be applying for and would do some research... and later let me know that I should apply, but know that they already have a candidate in mind... someone who works there, which happens.  But encouraged me to apply for a high school dean position within that same district... (the one I was asking them to say a word for me on my behalf, not the district where I interviewed.) Then later in the day, the man who would have been my co-assistant principal called me.  He wanted to tell me how impressed he was with me in the interviews, which was nice.  He also wanted to tell me about a job as an elementary school assistant principal in a town near there... and said he had already called the principal there and had given them my name, even though I have not applied there.  Elementary? Hmm... food for thought...

I am impressed that they are doing that for me.  I feel really good about it, feel like they were really impressed or else they would not be going above and beyond.  They are so busy and for them to take time to help me out is amazing.

So... we'll see what happens... :-)

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place