5/02/2012

New Paths...

Tomorrow I have an interview... for a principal position.  When I got the call for the interview I was very surprised.  I don't have any experience as an administrator and had kind of resigned myself to the idea that the next logical step for me was to be an assistant principal.  I would be lying if I didn't say that part of me still thinks that is a logical way to go... start as an assistant, get some experience, and then, eventually become a principal.  But, seeing positions posted I have wanted to get my name out there, so... I have applied for a couple of principal positions.  I am looking at this as an amazing opportunity to sit through an interview, a principal interview!  I know I will learn a lot.  I have been preparing, doing a lot of research about the school  and the community. But I am sure there will be some questions that stump me.  I just need to remind myself that I know kids.  I know what I believe helps them and how I think schools should run and how teachers should teach... and follow my instincts.  
Getting this interview means so much to me.  It gives me hope, so much hope, that I am on the right track in my career.  The more interviews I get, the better my chances are to move forward.  I feel like change is on the horizon, and I am so excited for that.  Yes, it may mean changes, I may have to move, but... that's what I am willing to do. Perhaps my time is coming after all... 
 (I have a second interview on Monday, for an assistant principal position)  

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place