5/06/2012

The wedding!!!

It was Wedding weekend! 
I had my interview Thursday afternoon, for a principal's job and felt really good about the interview.  I was not thrown off by any of their questions, just answered from my heart... and felt good about it.  I will be surprised if they would offer a principalship to someone without any experience, but I have to say I would be a good person to take a chance on... After the interview I got to have dinner with Dad and Betty then got to stay the night with my Aunt Donna.  We had a great visit, though I think we could have used a lot more time!  We stayed up late and still didn't get to talk about everything.  (I felt pretty terrible when I woke up Friday morning, so started the day with cold medication and kept pumping it into my system all day.) 

I met up with the bride, the mom of the bride, the mom, sister, and niece of the bride and one of the bride's friends as they got manicures and pedicures. (I had mine early for the interview!)  It was fun to be together.  Then we all went to lunch.  
At 5p.m. we met up at the church for the rehearsal.  I gave my camera to someone to take pics, but they were all blurry, so have none to share.  I did the Marriage speech from Princess Bride... "Maawige, maawige is what bwings us togevah today...and Wuv tahwoo wuv..."  I had to, may never get that opportunity again!  (And it was a crowd pleaser!)  

I left the rehearsal dinner fairly early.  Most of the bridal party was staying at the Inn where the reception was held and were planning on going to the bar for a while, but I was feeling pretty stuffy and headed home, hoping I would wake up feeling great on Saturday.  

Saturday morning was nice.  It wasn't raining, which it had been doing all week.  I met up with everyone at the Inn and got a chance to take a few pictures.  I like the raindrops...





Then it was off to get our hair done.  This is how mine looked after lots of pulling/tugging and 95, yes 95 bobby pins.  (I counted 94 as I was taking them out and then found another one hiding this morning when I got in the shower.)  I was pleased.  The hair stylist wasn't... I think she was upset that she got me... she was overwhelmed by how much hair I had, but it turned out well.  


I tried to get a picture of myself, my hair, but it was a challenge... this was taken in a mirror... I think I have a funny expression, but somehow I see my Mom in that picture... well see that I look a bit like her in this picture... maybe I am crazy, I never think I look like her, but for some reason this picture... 

So this is me, trying to get front and back of hair... also like how blue my eyes look in this picture!  

I again gave my camera to someone to take pictures at the ceremony, and this was the best one from the bunch.  The actual ceremony!  

After the wedding we jumped back in the limo to head to the reception! (Self portrait of me, Michelle, the bride's great friend, and Kris, the bride's sister and one of my closest college friends.) 

As the photographer was posing the happy couple for pictures, I stole a couple of shots!  So pretty! 

Not quite sure how this picture came about, but... this was our best FBI pose! 

And there was dancing... I was taking pictures and someone came up and took my camera telling me I needed to prove I was there! 


It was FABULOUS! I am so happy for Suellen and her husband, Mike.  (That reminds me, I need to change his number in my phone from Sue's boyfriend, to husband!) 

Unfortunately I woke up this morning without a voice.  I have an interview tomorrow afternoon.  I am hoping  I get my voice back by then.  Fingers crossed! 


1 comment:

lindsay said...

So glad to see a person blogging about PVNS! :) I have it in my right knee... was diagnosed 10 years ago and just had my second surgery this spring. My blog is mostly about healthy living and recipes but I've really enjoyed yours! Thanks for sharing!

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place