9/02/2011

Glad I did it...

I had planned on kayaking today... I had put out the word on facebook that I wanted to paddle today and asked if anyone wanted to join me.  People were busy and I decided that would not deter me... until this morning.  I woke up this morning... early, because my plan was to get on the water very early to really enjoy the calmness that happens only early in the morning and late in the afternoon... but whenI woke up my back was sore... I went to the chiropractor yesterday and my back had been really tight... I am sure from the stress of going back to work... so this morning I felt a bit sore... the thought that was keeping me from paddling was the fact that I had parked the kayaks in the garage as hurricane Irene passed through town... so using the kayak today meant having to load it onto the truck...

After hitting snooze...then resetting my arlarm for a later time.... I ended up getting up around 8:00.. and as I at breakfast... a blueberry muffin I had bought to take on the water with me... I decided that I was being ridiculous... that I wanted to enjoy the last days of summer and I should go kayaking... then my phone rang... it was the turnpike calling... inviting me to work this afternoon... and I accepted the shift... but also decided that I would go for a paddle after all... and would just return in time to get ready for work. 

I am sooo glad I went!  It was beautiful! I can't wait to go here again.  Next time will include getting up early, packing a lunch and paddling all day!  I only paddled for about 4 hours today... and know I could paddle much further.  I posted some pictures on the kayaking blog.... kayakinginmaine.blogspot.com

This is one of the pics I tood today... lots of dragonflies on the water... I post this one here because you can see my scar in this picture too... 



While I was working today one of my friends texted me...asking if I went kayaking today even though nobody has been able to join me.  When I told her I had, she told me she was impressed with my dedication to being on the water... dedication... interesting way to see it... For me.. it is serenity.  There is really something about being in my kayak and being close to nature that fulfills something in me...


Today's paddle had some cool places to explore.  It wasn't unlike other rivers I have explored per se, but what I liked about it was that the scenery changed... there were many trees of course, but there were fields along the river... and in some places the shore was lined with rocks that looked like they had been cut in a quarry...

The greens are much less vibrant than they are in the early summer/late spring... definitely looking more like fall... some of the leaves are changing... and of course as the seasons change, I think about changes in my own life... which... are not currently easily seen... same job... but I feel like change is on the horizon. 

I apologize for not posting more pictures here form today's paddle, but am tired and heading to bed... and already posted them at the other site...

Yes, Jill, this means you must visit the kayaking blog, even though you are not YET a kayaker... 

1 comment:

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

I will check out the other blog....only because of the shout out. :)

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place