8/31/2011

A New Aspergerian!

I steal the term Aspergerian from John Elder Robinson, author of "look me in the eye my life with asperger's," meaning someone with Asperger's. 

Today I got to meet a student who I will be working with... and oooooh is he going to be fun!  I am so excited.  Today he was trying to figure me out and I look forward to keeping him on his toes... He is a dweller... likes to dwell on things... and uses those things to avoid the tasks he needs to do... This is going to be fun!!!!! 

I did some assessments with kids today... and in one class, after they finished, I played a game with them.. simple... to practice addition and subtraction facts... and had four boys all excited about it, about math!  They were having a blast and practicing skills they need... As they were leaving I heard them say that they hope to play it again tomorrow... I don't always do games, but after making them do some assessments... well worth it! 

In the meantime... I am changing some of my habits... I went for a nice walk last night... need to get moving again... and have decided that I am going to limit my use of technology at night... going to sign off by 8:30 p.m. and read... yes read... those things with words and pages... Books!  I have not been sleeping and I think it will help to 'unplug' a bit before bed...

My fear of being complacent this year is behind me... I am fired up and excited about the kids... but I think I needed a little shake up... to appreciate the time with the kids...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place