9/12/2008

What Just happened?

It is about 5:20 p.m. and I am just getting home. I left school as soon as the kids did... so I was out the door by 2:20 and headed right for the gym with my friend Sheila. We were warming up on the bikes by 2:40 or so... then we stretched and started doing our leg weight training. When I was part way through my routine Sheila headed to the treadmill. I finished my routine and then headed for the elliptical machine. I wanted to do a mile and see how fast I could do it... I did it in 12 minutes and 23 seconds... My fastest time in ages! I would not have been able to keep up that pace, but am pleased that I am capable of that... that's where I used to be, at the top of my workouts... I could do about 3.5 miles in 40 minutes... so I feel hopeful (more hopeful!) Then I planned on doing 25 minutes on the bike. I always listen to my music when I work out...but at about 4:00 there was something on the tv next to me that caught my attention... an episode of the dog whisperer. I am not a huge dog person, but I enjoy that show. So I unplugged from my music and plugged into the tv on my bike and watched. I had to reset the bike for extra time in order to see the half hour show... so I did. Still biking... at 4:30... (which was about 40 minutes on the bike) I was wrapped up in it...and realized that the show still had a half an hour... what's a girl to do? Well... I waited for a commercial then headed to the treadmill and walked for a half an hour... so... the show had a happy ending and I felt great... so I did cardio stuff for about an hour and a half! Cool! I must admit that I didn't walk too fast during that last half hour...but that's ok.

I may have had some extra motivation today too... at work I got many compliments ... from coworkers and kids about how I looked. I would like to think that I don't get caught up in that, and compliments are hard for me to accept... But it felt good knowing that I am taking good care of myself and people see me looking good, and I don't think it was weight related, I think it's my energy. Not many people know I am working out again. One woman I work with said to me, wow, you just look great. I think that compliment is easier for me to accept because I feel like it is a compliment about something I am doing right now, taking care of myself. So, I got my ego stroked today and it felt nice. I really feel like I am on track!

Now... onto another topic... I didn't post yesterday... not for any particular reason... but, yesterday, of course, is a very important date in our history. Probably the most significant day in my lifetime. It is important to recognize that and remember that day. It did change life as we know it... and I have so much respect for the lives of people who died and their families, those who tried to save them, and those who work today for our country... that respect is unwavering no matter my stance on this war.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place