9/10/2008

Full Circle

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days... technical difficulties. Plus I have been busy being active. There is BIG news in that department.

(Clearing my throat...) I walked back bay today!!! For those of you who aren't local, there is a 3.5 mile walk that outlines a small bay in Portland.
This is a picture taken of part of back bay... I did not take the pic... but... it is a beautiful place to walk... and it is nice because there are always other people there too, being healthy. The last time I had walked completely around the 3.5 mile loop was probably five years ago... and I remember the agony I felt while doing so. I was with Sara at the time and it was horrible. I was in one of the phases where my knee didn't seem to be that bad so I thought I could do it... but it was torture... awful. I remember how much it hurt. Last week Sara had invited me to go there to walk while she ran. I agreed, but decided I would not walk the whole thing, that I would walk for a while then turn around... well in that walk I walked close to 3 miles.... but last night I walked the entire thing!!! It took me about an hour and 10 to an hour and 15 minutes or so...not too bad. My knee felt fine... my feet hurt and I had blisters today but that means I need new sneakers... and I was able to go for a walk tonight with one of my friends and two of her chihuahuas... then went swimming tonight for an hour. Well.. I wouldn't call it swimming... I am not a strong swimmer... but I treaded water for that time and really worked on really moving my arms and legs, so I think it was a decent workout. I am feeling great. I am so excited that Back Bay can become one of my activities again. I had hoped to be able to have done it before summer, but I couldn't. I think that the weight training I am doing at the gym is what is really making a huge difference in how I feel and with what I am able to do.

Things do come full circle... the last time I had walked back bay... was with Sara and now my first time completing it was also with Sara... she clapped for me and I put my arms in the air like I was a champion! Yahooooooo...

School is going well too...kids are great... one of the kids I work with is a sweet kid, very naive and I worry about her.. but... she was in a classroom with another teacher, who told me this story... The teacher asked, "Does anyone know who invented the telephone?" This girl raises her hand and said, "Yup... it was invented by Alexander Clamshell!"

Too funny!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place