9/25/2008

Ohhmmmmm......

It is hard to be all zen about things... and sometimes I need a test to see if I can maintain it... This week I am being tested.

My computer is sick... the leader of technology in our district was an ass about the whole thing.... and I told him so... not that bluntly, but I did.

I want to improve the culture at my school and am frustrated about how often the adults are rude to each other...and have started to call people on their behavior. (Also holding myself more accountable for my actions and words...and have had to make an apology to a colleague who caught me in a hectic moment and I was not as patient as I should have been.)

I had class tonight and one woman drove me nuts. I kept telling myself to stop being such a jerk... and then I went off on a tangent in my head about how can I expect my colleagues improve their attitudes if I am being so grumpy. And as luck would have it... this same woman is in the group I am a part of for our huge group presentation. She dominated all of the conversations, didn't listen to any of us in the group... and it drove me nuts..... oh, and we disagreed philosophically on all points.... so... the course is about leadership... as a leader, if I ever decide to be a principal... how will I deal with someone with that personality?

So I wonder... if I feel frustrated with several things... I need to reflect on my part of that negativity... and strategize how to change things...


And... I am tired... I haven't had a day off in a while because I have been working on the turnpike on weekends.

This weekend... I have Sunday off... and am sooooo looking forward to it... sooooo looking forward to it... some time to re-energize...

Tonight I am excited... SURVIVOR is back! And there is a man who teaches in my school district on the show.

Plus... tomorrow a few of us from work are getting together for some beverages...

I will blog more this weekend. I have been doing well being active... don't think I balanced my food intake well. (Not enough fruit and not enough variety in veggies!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Survivor. Must be the older fellow with the bow tie. Doing well so far, he is. --Cheri

Leslie said...

Take care of yourself! I need to constantly remind myself of the same thing. I'll make sure the kids get their veggies in, and at the end of the day take stock of my OWN nutritional checks and balances and ... well... not so good.

Who is the guy from your school district? The physics teacher? It was a good show tonight. I'm glad it's back too!

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place