9/06/2008

It's not about pride.... right?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh... big sigh.... I worked for the turnpike today...and I am tired. I was less than pleased when my alarm sounded... I think I was just tired from this having been the first week of school...full week... so it was difficult to get up... and the day dragged. I took school stuff with me to do but I couldn't make myself do it. I so wanted to come home and crash, but my friend Suellen called reminding me we were going to the gym... so I came home, changed into my gym clothes and went to the gym. IT was a good workout... warmed up on the bike and then stretched out a little... then did something I haven't done in a while... I jumped... well I suppose it was more of a hop. Strange... the last time I had really tried to hop/jump was when I graduated from PT... Suellen and I talked last night and I said that I would love to try a step aerobics class but I wasn't sure if I could do the little hops... that conversation led to her suggesting that I try it today... so I did... it wasn't easy... strange how my body has to still relearn things. I could hop from one leg, but doing a hop from two feet was the strangest thing... I got it after a while, but my left leg was like, no way lady... I don't DO that, remember? But I did it... and after a few hops I decided that was enough for a day, but I think that I am going to be able to do a step class at some point... I can't wait. I LOVE step aerobics. It makes me feel coordinated and I think it is one of the most fun ways to work out. In college some of my friends and I would all go together and had a blast. Soon... soon. So today... I was also the day I needed to do my arms... so I was sing some dumbbells while on a bosu then on one of the exercise balls. One of the exercises is hard for me, because my arms are so weak...it's the one where I lift the weights straight over my head and I tried to do it with the same amount of weight I was doing for the other exercises...and it sucked... so I did more... and then I thought I was stupid... if I was helping a friend learn this I would encourage them to use a weight they were comfortable with... and told myself it wasn't about pride... it was about being healthy. So I switched and it worked out... then I did a little more than 2 miles on the elliptical... I feel so good working out...soo good... I am so thankful that I can work out. I have much gratitude...


If you have time, blog buddies, send more prayers to my friend and her dad... things are tough right now...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place