11/06/2007

One to go???

I am home... seems like this has been a long week. I am not sure why. I feel like there are a million things I need to do and not enough time in which to do them.... but when I really look at it...there are no pressing things that NEED to be done. Tonight I would really like to just curl up with lots of warm quilts and relax.. but I feel like I should be doing school stuff... there is always stuff I can be doing... should be doing.... but I am beat and feel like my cold is returning... or it's mom's cold hitting me... either way I am tired...oh well enough belly aching...

Physical Therapy... today I went to PT. I had felt stiff most of the day, not sure if it the weather or if it was the weekend... but overall I felt up to doing the PT. I did my usual routine and my PT guy added some more of those lunges that I love so much. I am scheduled for one more session with him and asked him about the need to schedule appts. for next week. He said that he thinks he wants me to try to do my own thing for a little while before I go back to Boston..to see if I can increase my activity in the day to day stuff as well as going to the gym and doing what I can...carefully doing what I can. He would then schedule an appt. for me right before I go to Boston to measure my progress and see if he feels that I need to come back for regular sessions or if I can increase my activity more and maybe then check in with him after a month...and see what the dr. says in Boston. If he agrees that I should start slowly increasing activities without formal PT..... I have to say that part of me is singing OOOOHHHHH YEAHHHHH!! No more PT... I do have a hard time some days going to that office and going through the paces. And... the idea of being set free to do my thing... is exciting..... and SCARY... Can I do it on my own? Will I do it on my own? We'll see. So... one more formal PT session... until further notice.... maybe I should be more excited than I am...but maybe I am too tired to be excited....

I do see the growth and improvement in my knee. Seeing my family this weekend was nice because dad had not seen me in a while and he commented that at some points this weekend he forgot that I had even had surgery...Sis said that too... but it is deceptive at times... yes I am doing well, but there is still some pain...and there is still some fear. Part of the process I suppose...

This weekend I introduced a new game to my nephews...well new to them... we call it pass the trash... and they loved it. It reminded me of when I was a little girl, going to my aunt D's house....one of my dad's sisters... and playing games. Believe it or not I remember sitting on my aunt's lap playing pass the trash and I think UNO.... What a good memory... I hope my nephews have memories like that of me.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place