11/05/2007

Cold

Brr... I do believe winter is getting close. It is cold...the windshield is frosty in the mornings...my toes are cold at night... I really hate winter.... grrr.... So...what can I look forward to over the winter? Well... my dr.'s appt in Boston at the end of this month will hopefully be more good news...my coaching season begins in Dec.... I will resume taking classes in Jan.... and at some point during the winter... I will be able to start being active on my terms... doing what I want to do...not just what I can do... Overall, I felt pretty good today. My knee was stiff, but not as bad as I expected. Last night my dad helped me get my satelite tv hooked up in my bedroom...in that process I knelt on the floor a couple of times and don't think that was a great idea on the heels of being in a car for so long. I have PT tomorrow and I hope it isn't too hard. So while winter is approaching... I want to keep my eye on the spring...when I will be able to walk around the bay...feel great... and not even think about how long it has been since surgery. That will be nice.

Today my parents left to head home. It was nice spending time with them this weekend. I know that my mom's mind is still heavily weighted with my grandmother's death and all that has changed since then. I think that she is so used to being on edge...so used to worrying...that she has yet to "exhale" completely. I think she is getting closer, but I think it is hard for her. She has taken care of Gramie for so long... soooo long... and taking care of herself has been set aside...You are worth it mom... take care of you... I think Dad is worried about her too...but I think that he is trying not to let her know that because she would be more stressed knowing people worry about her. Of course we do... that's what we do... loving each other means we worry at times... enuff said.... love ya mom...

I am off to my bedroom where I can watch tv...and relax...ahhhhhhhhh......

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place