11/10/2007

Human Again...

At about 5:30 last night I started to feel like my sinuses were starting to feel better. I slept pretty well last night, tossed and turned, but got a lot of sleep. This morning I stayed in bed for a long time then was lazy in my comfy chair in the living room. This evening I felt well enough to go to the store and buy some groceries. Picked up stuff so I can eat healthy this week. I have been slacking a little, and now that I am oging to be going back to the gym in lieu of PT I am once again in health mode. I did not go to my PT appt Thursday because of how I was feeling, but played phone tag with my PT guy and we scheduled an appointment for the Tuesday before Thanksgiving to do an assessment before my appt. in Boston. I am hoping to be doing well when I go back to see him. I do think I will be up for hitting the gym tomorrow, which I am happy about. I would like to be able to go every other day and see how it goes. Maybe by Dec. 1 that elliptical machine will recognize me again...

I have had some new people contact me about PVNS and I am excited about that. I am grateful to have other people share their experiences with me. It is interesting how the same condition can impact people so differently and in different joints. Treatment is also different. One person who wrote to me is going to have a synovectomy, part open like mine, but also partly arthroscopic. Another person I heard from had surgery a couple of weeks ago and is recovering rapidly from the surgery, but I think she also had a partial open and partial arthroscopic... It fascinates me that this impacts people of all ages. If anyone who has PVNS wants me to share their name/email address with others let me know. I won't do that without people's permission. It is hard for me to hear about how much pain other people are experiencing... because I feel for them... but it is comforting to me, to know that my symptoms were not more extreme than what some other people have experienced. One person shared how painful it was to simply go grocery shopping... I can so relate.

I haven't really given updates about how my knee is actually doing... and I think that I should do that because my topics lately have been all over the board. So... my knee... my incisions are better... the one on the front is still purplish/pinkish, but it is flattening out a little... the back one is fading a little, but still kind of gross looking. My knee is feeling pretty good. I do have moments that it feels stiff, and I have had moments that make me worry... when I feel pain...and I am not sure if it is recovery pain or returning pain... Of course I hope and pray for recovery pain, but I fear the other.... I shared that with someone who had emailed me who also has PVNS...but had not yet shared that with any family or friends. I don't think it is something to worry about at this point... and I know that I can't worry about it....I will find out more when I have another MRI in Jan. or Feb. I really do believe, but am I wanting to believe.... that it is just from doing more activity... besides PT I am trying to climb stairs normally... The swelling has gone down quite a bit... I can start to see the shape of my knee again... feels less like a blow up raft... I think a lot less about each movement. When I first stand up I am very conscious of my movement, but things are really feeling more and more automatic for me. I feel like life is more do-able... Life is about to get busy for me... coaching will begin in Dec. I will resume taking classes in January towards my masters.. just one for that semester, but with coaching and teaching...one is plenty. I also hope to get back into working on the turnpike. I miss that money. I just want to make sure I keep monitoring how I am feeling and accomodate for that. I will... I am excited for coaching to start again. It will be fun.

Anyway... that's all for tonight, tomorrow I am planning to go to the gym... if I can breathe!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HI,

My name is Tracy and I am two weeks out from surgery. I have PVNS in both knees. The surgery was on my right one. I just want to chat and thank you for your site and sharing your info!!

God Bless
Tracy

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place