11/11/2007

The Gym called....

Yep... the gym called today...As I was being lazy this morning I kept thinking.. I should go to the gym...I want to... don't I... so it kept calling and I answered... actually I called them this afternoon hoping that they would tell me they close early on Sundays... they do close early...earlier than usual....8 p.m.... so that excuse was lame... I also had procrastinated in going in case my friend Meg stopped by to say hello after seeing her mon. She didn't... so the only other excuse I had was that my legs weren't shaved...well not enough to bear them in public. I wanted to go to the gym...in some ways... in other ways I was content staying home... but... I really do want to get into a healthy routine again... I need to. So...I shaved my legs..... then I got to the gym and this is what I did:
- 15 minutes on the bike
- 5 minutes treadmill (forward)
- 3 sets of arm stuff with free weights
- 2 sets of 1 minute balancing on this thingy called a bossou (half a sphere... I balance while standing on the flat side.
- 2 sets of 10 abductor exercises
- 5 lunges each leg forward
-5 lunges each leg backwards
- 2 sets of 10 hamstring curls each leg
- 2 sets of 10 adductor machine (50 lbs)
- 2 sets of 10 abductor machine (50lbs)
- 2 minutes n the elliptical machine...

I ended with the elliptical machine...who still has not seen it fit to rekindle our friendship... although today we made progress. It recognized that I was on it... During the 2 minutes I was on it, it only thought I was pausing twice....even though I wasn't. I do think that the elliptical is going to prove to be too much for my knee at this point....but I love that machine and am determined... but I am thinking I may try to incorporate some other things at first.. like at the gym they have a step that would normally be used for step aerobics... I think if I start doing a few sets of just stepping up, leading with that left leg, that it will build up that muscle a little more... I also tried, at the gym, doing the stairs with alternating legs... it worked for about 3/4 of the stairs... then I did one leg followed by the other... But.. I feel good that I went. I am sure every little bit helps.

I am supposed to go tomorrow with Sara... I will go and maybe do just the bike and treadmill...and maybe some other arm stuff.

I am off for now...going to cut up some salad fixins....

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place