1/27/2013

Last weekend in January

So after having been sick last weekend I was glad that this weekend I felt up for a bit of socializing.  On Friday after work I headed out to meet up with some of my old coworkers.  It was nice to see people and catch up... Some of my favorite people were not there and I missed them.  As much as I enjoyed seeing the people from my old job, it was a good reminder of how much I don't miss my old job.  I didn't stay too long because I needed to head back to go to some basketball games.  While I was watching the girls game one of the boys came up to me and had a big grin on his face and informed me I owed him a pair of socks... He's a kid who is on the jv team and swings up to join the varsity team as well.  His time on the varsity squad thus far is more about keeping water cups filled for the rest of the team.... on jv however, he is an integral part of the team.  He has amazing court awareness and is very strong.  He is a team player which I fin is becoming increasingly rare... One of the games I watched him play in was one in which he got hammered by a couple of players on the other team... and had he fallen when he got hit, he would have gotten an offensive foul, a charge, called against the other team... I had talked to him after that and told him he could have taken the charges and he kind of laughed... I told him that when I was in college my coach gave away pairs of socks for every charge someone took and made him the same offer... So even though I didn't see him take the charge, he did it!  I was excited that he was excited to tell me about it and today I bought him the socks he prefers.  I will give them to him tomorrow.  Other kids at the game overheard our conversation and some of the guys asked me how they could get a pair of socks!  (I must come up with more difficult tasks, socks of choice were pretty pricey!! $14 a pair!! Or.. buy a bunch of cheaper socks to hand out, not giving them choices!) Friday night I was planning on staying for both games, but at 9:00 I hit a wall and I was exhausted, so I decided to leave and come home to sleep.   Saturday I slept in, and after waking up enjoyed cuddling with the cats  and was happy to not have anywhere I needed to be.  Around 10:00 Jacey came by for a quick visit.  It was nice to see her.  It's really nice to have some 'family' so close.  Saturday afternoon I left here to head up to visit Meg.  She had invited me up for fajitas, margaritas, and canasta.  We had a great visit.  We realized that we hadn't seen each other since late spring!  That is awful!  We made up for lost time.   It was great to catch up and Meg beat me at a game of canasta... (Out of the 6 games we played!)  It was a lot of fun!
I got home today and did some errands, hit the gym, and came home.  It was nice to have a weekend that was friend focused.  I need to do that more.
Next weekend Jill is coming to visit.  I am excited to see her and am sure we will have some stories to tell!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place