1/12/2013

Double booked...

It has been a "school weekend"... lots of school events.. last night a basketball double header, this morning a track meet, and tonight a school dance, the winter ball.  The only one I absolutely had to attend was the dance.  And wouldn't you know I was double booked... one of my friends from my old job, someone I kayak with, is turning 50 and her husband had planned a surprise party for her tonight... and I really wanted to go... so.. I went to the school dance and left part way through to head to the bday party... and I am so glad I did... Oh.. this is me after I got home and had taken my hair down... thought I would take a pic since I was a bit dressed up.  


The bday party was a lot of fun.  It was at a hotel, in one of the ballrooms.  I think it was a great idea, to have it there... and wonder... when I turn 40 (of course many many years away since I am still 25... have been 25 for a long time now...)  should I have a shin dig like that? I would love to have many of my friends all in the same place, dancing and laughing... I would love it...as long as I wasn't the center of attention!  I got to see some former coworkers and we all danced a bit, and got caught up, it was nice.  There was an older man there who approached me and I recognized him, but couldn't place him... but he told me he missed seeing me... he was someone who I would see often in the mornings on my way to work when I would stop at the grocery store to pick up things for my classroom or a muffin for breakfast... he and I would often get there as the store was opening and would walk into the store together and make small talk.  It was so sweet that he said he had missed me and had been wondering where I had disappeared to since he hasn't seen me in the mornings.  Cute!  

This morning I enjoyed going to the track meet.  It was weird though... in a couple of ways.  the location of the meet was in the town where I used to teach... and in the fieldhouse where I used to coach....  As I was there I missed, in a way, coaching... (but later, after standing around for a while remembered how sore my back would be at the end of those meets,I don't miss that!)  The kids seemed happy to see me at the meet, the coaches were also pleased.  I also got to say hello to some of the coaches from other teams that I used to talk with when I was coaching.  It was nice.  One man, a coach, asked me where I had been and if I would ever return to coaching, disappointed when I said I doubted it... 

After coming home from the meet I was in a bit of a funk... still mulling some things over... which may or may not end up in a blog entry..... but I wasn't all that excited about having to leave my house... but as it worked out it was a great night.  The kids were so cute all dressed up... and I am so glad I went to the party for my friend.  There were a lot of people there I didn't know but talked with and it was great.  

I am looking forward to some down time tomorrow and sleeping in... late...I hope!  
Good Night! 

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place