1/13/2013

Day 53

After a good night last night I hoped to sleep in... and I did... after an early morning/late night phone conversation with a friend of mine... I had sent a text to him earlier in the night and he didn't get it until almost 2 a.m. for some reason and thought that I had just sent it and after it woke him up, he thought I must be up and called.  It was nice to chat, but gave me even more desire to sleep late today.  I woke up and guessed that it was about 8:30... I was surprised with I looked and it was 8:53.  Ahhhh.. .nice... I then made myself some scrambled eggs and then got back into the warmth of my bed as I watched the Sunday morning show on CBS that I enjoy... and surfed the net a bit as I relaxed... and then decided that I needed to get going and get to the gym... While I did get my activity in yesterday by walking around a lot and also dancing at my friend's bday party... I wanted today's workout to be a little more intense .... I wanted to do the elliptical machine and set a goal for myself to do two miles in 28 minutes... which, for runners is a slow pace, a very slow pace... but I am not a runner and I have no desire to be  a runner...I decided that after warming up on the rowing machine I would need to keep my pace on the elliptical right around 4.5 mph to meet my goal... and at times I went well above that and here and there dropped down to 4.3 or 4.2... but when all was said and done I did two miles in 26:30... and I was pleased.  I stayed on the elliptical for a bit longer to cool down and then did some weight training with my legs... It felt good.  I think that I am ready to start intensifying my workouts a bit and commit to doing a bit more than 30 minutes a day... Not sure if I told you, but Jacey is also doing the 100 day challenge!  She's doing great!
I had worn a shirt to the gym today that i haven't worn in ages.  It is a black t shirt and in big white letters says, "I'm with Shorty"  and there is an arrow pointing to the left... Sis got it for me at some point.  It has been a shirt I wear as I am lazing around my house, doing chores, and when I go to the gym... Today, as I was doing some of the weight machines for my legs I got up to get some paper towels to wipe down the machine and a guy who was on the machine close to me stopped his workout, smiled and said, "That's a great shirt."  Fun!   Following the gym I stopped at the grocery store and because I had not zipped my coat my tshirt was still visible... (and I was wearing shorts because it was warm enough to leave the gym that way) ..and as I was picking out some veggies, a man smiled and said to me, "Nice short..and by nice short I mean shirt."  We joked about the importance of having a sense of humor in life.  It was nice.
Maybe I need some other tshirts to wear to the gym... will have to think of some good sayings....One that comes to mind is this piece of art  Sis had made for me years ago, which is not hanging in my office... it's a square canvas and has pictures of each of my nephews doing a pose that is attempting to make them look bigger than they were at the time, and the canvas says. "When we grow up we want to be tall like Auntee...."  That would be a cute tshirt, with the image of course, and maybe a conversation starter.

I am happy that I have made it to day 53... and look forward to the next 47 opportunities to be active... and when that comes it will be March 1st and the days will be longer, and kayaking season will be closer... and I will be healthier... I am healthier than I was 53 days ago...

I also look forward to continued growth in my life, in many areas.

Got an idea for a tshirt saying for me to help me start conversations with people at the gym and elsewhere? Leave a comment!

3 comments:

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

The best shirt EVER. http://www.snorgtees.com/t-shirts/meh-shirt

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

Ava likes this one.
http://www.snorgtees.com/t-shirts/pirate-crossword

Brian, Jill, Ava & Andrew said...

All time fave.

http://www.snorgtees.com/t-shirts/raisin-cookies-are-why-i-have-trust-issues

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place