1/29/2013

It's a Twister, It's a Twister!!

My facebook status today read, "What.A.Day."


And it was... Yikes... I am not even sure where to begin... Dorothy Gail would say, "Lions, Tigers, and Bears...oh my!"  If I were forced to say something  similar I would have to say, "Parents, Condoms, and Knives, OH MY!!"  
How does one respond to a parent who asks if I suspended her child who took a bag of pot from a shoe to brag to peers about possessing it as a way to punish her? Or respond  the two parents (CRAZY) who called to rat on the other one for a confrontation they had last night because their kids are stalking each other and trying to be facebook friends and got the police involved?  This in between having to walk two students to and from all of their classes, negotiating with teachers and students about many other issues, giving a kid detention for wandering the halls all the time and having him then tell his teacher I can shove the detention up my ass which then led to an in school suspension, leaving the school with the other assistant principal and school resource officer to find some kids who had left school grounds to smoke, having teachers trying to catch me in the halls as I am travelling through them to ask me about other kids, to learning that one of my students was found early this morning in a ditch, passed out drunk... and then the BIG item of the day... hearing that there was concerns about a student who had made some significant threats... and after searching him found condoms (one unwrapped... ewww), a razor blade, and two knives... followed by a...shall I say, less than efficient follow up with a state agency... and then a meeting with parents and some staff members that was out of control... including one staff member whose arms must be tired from throwing other staff members under the bus... All that and there are kids I didn't get to... 

It must be a full moon.  

Yes, what. a. day... I felt like Dorothy Gail up inside the cyclone... going in circles and unsure of where I would land...with a flying cow here or there...and  despite the craziness... I think at the end of the day my house landed safely...and think I avoided landing on the witch... though there are some parents... nahhh just kidding... 
and I am still happy... I love that every day is different... but also love that not every day is as crazy as today was...I am grateful.   



No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place