4/16/2012

Me + 80 degrees = Kayaking... it's just simple math!

So this was my truck today... loaded to the brim with kayaks!  The two on top are mine, the other two, smaller two,  belong to a friend of mine.  I stopped at her house to pick them up because one of our coworkers who was joining us on the paddle was bringing her two kids and these were the perfect size for them.  I felt pretty sporty!  


In all, there were 7 of us that paddled today... 5 adults and two kids.  I was surprised at how well the kids did.  I figured they would get tired and return to camp well before the rest of us.  Here are some pics:


Of course... TURTLE! 

Did I say Turtle? I meant TURTLES!!! 

And a baby Snapping Turtle!  Never saw a baby snapper before today!


This is one of my work friends, Judy, who hosted us today, letting us hang out at and launch from her house. Doesn't she look stressed??


This was taken as we were going under a bridge... love that we are lined up... so fun! 

We saw these birds and one person yelled out, "LOONS!"  I was so excited... but they are not loons... they are Merganser Ducks! The one on the Right I believe is the female... I have seen her more with babies later in the season... and usually her feathers are up in the back... kind of like a mohawk... Very cool to see the pair together.  


Of course, for JILL... a shot from my kayak including my toes!  


What are those???   Ok.. perhaps after kayaking we each had a nice cold beverage!  

Two days of paddling in a row makes for a happy Me!  
I used some new sunscreen today and don't think I got any additional sunburns... but do think I got some color.  I stopped in to see Sara and Phil on my way home and they thought I looked tan.  I don't worry too much about being tan... I just worry about sunscreen!  

So far I am enjoying my vacation!  


No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place