4/10/2012

Day 102... will it ever end??

Yup, it's Day 102... and I have not stopped yet... there is part of me that is a little scared about taking a day off... worried that one day off will lead to two which will lead to more... but.. I know that's a little crazy... but it's where my head is at... but there is some news to report on that.. but first... in honor of my 100 days, I wanted to do something that I would be able to use to remember what I did, to remind myself that I CAN do things that I set my mind to... and I have been toying with the idea of getting my ear pierced, up high, for a while, so... why not use this as the impetus?
This is me before the piercing, Angela thought the swords behind me were funny! So this is the before:



And this is the after: 
A coworker, Angela,  came with me because she had been wanting the same piercing... I told her I had to go first or I may chicken out!  The lady told me when she was getting ready that I needed to stay still... which I was determined to do.  Before she pierced it she put this clamp thingy on to hold tightly onto my ear and she pulled it to make sure it would get in the right place... then she jabbed the needle in.  I did not move, but apparently my eyes got HUGE!  Angela laughed at my expression and then asked if I was okay... Ha!  I was okay, just surprised a bit and yes, it hurt when it went in... and through... but then it wasn't so bad... until today.. it hurts today... not terrible, but feels like I ripped a hole in my ear!  Go figure!  I really hope it heals well, I am really happy with it and look forward to being able to put something else in it.. this is the earring they put in when they pierce it at a tattoo shop. (Went to a tattoo shop after hearing it is more sanitary and this is the place Sis got her nose pierced and Sara got her ear pierced, both with good results)  The ring apparently helps it heal better...I did get to choose between surgical stainless steel or titanium... the stainless steel has nickel in it... to which Mom was allergic, and though I have not had similar reactions, I decided to be cautious and get the titanium...  I have to keep this one in for 6-8 weeks...then I can choose something with a bit more... cuteness!  

So back to the activity thing... My little sister, Jacey, (Betty's daughter) has decided to start her own 100 day challenge... today is day 10, AND she has signed up to do the half marathon with me this fall... AND we have pressured my sister into doing the same.  I think it's going to be pretty cool for us all to be together doing something like this!  Very Cool! 

So tonight I stopped at the grocery store to pick up some chicken and some fruit... the chicken for dinner tonight, the fruit for tomorrow's staff meeting... I cooked the chicken on my new stovetop grill pan, and other than the smoke detectors going off (I do not have a hood/fan over my stove..)  it worked really well.  I love grilled food and was skeptical about the grill pan working on an electric range, but it worked, grill marks and everything!  Yum!  Can't wait to try grilling some veggies, some kabobs perhaps!  

While at the store one of those things happened that made me pause... I should have probably stepped in more directly, but didn't... I walked by the express lanes, the 14 items or less lanes... there were three open and a fourth with it's light out that had a woman paying and another little old lady behind her with a cart, with probably six things... the cashier told the second woman that she would need to find another lane because she was closing.  Really? You are closing BEFORE waiting on an elderly woman with 6 items... who will now need to go to the other lanes who are 5-6 people deep and wait longer? Not okay.  I should have confronted the cashier.. but didn't... but as I waited in line to pay for my 7 items... It irked me... (just reminded myself of Mom there for a second... irked me... she used to say that..)  So when paying I asked if they could call a customer service manager over so I could talk to them.... they did... and this young man came out, mid twenties I assume... with some gnarly piercings in his ear with crazy earrings, that really stuck out from his ear... (Perhaps I was judging?)  Anyway, He was very polite and stood nodding with me as I told him what I had seen and how it bothered me... He said he knew exactly what register and cashier I was talking about because he too, walked by about the same time.  He was trying to show me that he was in agreement with me, yet... he saw the same thing and did NOT step in and direct the cashier to wait on the old lady? Dislike.  

Oh.. and one more thing.  I received an email from a local magazine (Who I will mention if this comes to fruition...)  they had been searching for a picture taken from the perspective of someone kayaking and came across this one on this blog: 

It was taken last Memorial Day weekend... and they want to use it in their magazine.  How cool is that? SO they emailed asking permission to use the pic and I said yes... and asked if I could have a copy of the magazine once published... and was surprised at their reaction.  They said they were not sure they could... the person who contacted me will have to check with the design director... so see if that's possible... really? You are going to use my photo, credit me in the magazine, and you are not going to give me a copy? Hmph... I will get them to give me a copy.  


Betty update... she is doing well... I am grateful... 

I guess that's all for now.. 

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place