4/08/2012

DAY ONE HUNDRED

I did it.  I worked out for 100 days in a row... at least 30 minutes of intentional activity each day.  Yahooooooooo!  I am pretty excited and proud!

Today's workout... involved 100 minutes of cardio... my gym has ten different types of cardio machines... so I figured 10 minutes on each would be a great way to celebrate the day.  (I had never used two of them...)  Suellen came with me to cheer me on and got a pretty long workout in for herself too!

So I started out with the upright bike... to get warmed up... then decided I would do the machines I thought I would hate most... so moved to one of the arc machines, which is kind of like a stairmaster elliptical machine, and it was not as bad as I thought it would be.. then moved onto the stairmaster... which is now called stairmaster from hell!  Whoever invented THAT machine... should get slapped!  Oh, my, gosh!!!  I was a sweaty mess after that and really had to fight through the last three minutes... I was relieved to be off that thing!  And moved to one of the elliptical machines which uses only the lower body.... I did the first five minutes going backwards to try to give my calf muscles a bit of a break after the stairmaster from hell... then it was onto the row machine, where I pushed myself to go a bit faster than I usually do... from there I went to the second stairmaster type machine... it's basically an escalator...not my favorite, but not as bad as it's cousin... then I walked for ten minutes on the treadmill at a pretty good pace... then I went to the second version of the arc machine that was just lower body, then did the recumbent bike and ended with my favorite elliptical machine.

The workout was followed with lots of stretching... and the rest of my day will be rest and relaxation... Gonna jump in a hot hot shower for a long time then curl up and watch a movie that Rico sent to me this week.

Thank you to ALL of the people who have supported me through the 100 days...those who live close to me and did some of the workouts with me, and those who are far away who offered daily encouragement!
 There were days that were tough... but now that it is over I am worried about not working out tomorrow... I may.. end up doing something... we'll see... I am getting my ear pierced tomorrow to signify the 100 days.

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place