3/01/2012

Ripple Effect of Change

I got a very exciting phone call this week... Meg called, left me a message asking me if I wanted to go to a Celtics game with her Friday... she had been given 2 tickets and wanted me to go with her.  OF COURSE I will go... I was so thrilled she wanted me to go with her.  Sooo excited!  At one point during the day I walked down to a coworker's room, Deb, who is also a good friend.  I came in and told he I just got a very exciting phone call... and her face dropped... and in that moment I know that she was expecting me to tell her about an upcoming interview for a new job... and I could also tell in that moment she was trying hard to be excited about whatever it was I was about to tell her.  I told her about the Celtics tickets and she was very happy for me... and relieved, I think, for her... She has told me that she will not let herself think about what it would be like working at our school without me there... we have worked together ever since I started in this district... 12 years ago...

Change is hard... I know it will be hard for me to leave behind the work family I have been a part of in this place for so long... but it is time for change... I do not have any interviews scheduled... but I believe that I will be in a different job next year... and that will mean starting someplace new and leaving what I know, the people I know... in that moment when Deb's face kind of fell... it kind of hit me that... the because of the strong connections I have made here... change for me will mean change for them... I guess that should be a no brainer... and I have known that... Deb is an amazing person, a wearing your heart on your sleeve kind of person... and I know saying good bye to her and others at my job will be tough, emotional... but I am so ready...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place