3/27/2012

The Results are not in...

Yesterday was a long day.  I got up and was on the road by 7 a.m. When I got off the highway, the hospital exit, I was feeling pretty good... when I got close to the hospital I had a weird feeling in my belly... but pushed it away. )This is the same hospital where Mom had her surgeries and where we spent much time...) I got to the hospital at 9:00 where I was greeted by Betty's sister, Holly.  Betty and Dad were in a room, prepping for the day.  It was nice to chat with Holly, get to know her better.  I have only met her a few times before.  After a while Dad came out and we all went into a teeny tiny room with Betty, to wait for them to take her to do some tests.  We were in a building that was kind of separate from the rest of the hospital, a totally different area than we were in with mom, which was good. Betty was in good spirits, though I am sure she was scared... scared of the outcome more so than the procedures themselves.

Throughout the day I stayed in touch with her daughter via texts and with Sis.  At one point they took Betty for a few different procedures... and she came back... and we got to visit for a while... then she went into surgery around 1:20 or so.  When we returned to the waiting room for the surgery my Dad's sister, Sharon, and her husband were there.  I was pleased that they had come to keep us company, to support Dad and Betty.  But there was a moment when I flashed back to Mom's first surgery.... they had come then too... and were there when the doctor came out... to tell us that it was not anything like he anticipated... and that there was no way to remove it.  But again I remembered this was a different day, different situation... but when the door opened to the waiting room and the doctor stepped out... the world stopped for a minute... and fear crept in..... and then he said, "It went well, she did great.... " and then I am not 100% sure of what he said... but something about getting it all out, and thinking that it looked pretty good, that it didn't look like it had started spreading... and told us we could see her soon...

BIG SIGH OF RELIEF... not euphoric... because we still are waiting on lab results to see what the lymphnodes show... but... for now... the fact that the tumor was removed... is a HUGE step in the right direction.... I got home around 6:30 last night... exhausted... and wanting to just go to bed... but... there was the 100 day challenge to think about... and workout 87 had not been completed... so I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes... then... relaxed... then slept.... and slept well...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place