3/21/2012

Day 82...

So... it's day 82... and I have been keeping up with my activity, but I admit that it has been a rough week... in some ways.  I have become bored with my healthy go to food choices... and with my workouts... part of that is that I didn't do a big grocery shopping trip last week and 'got by' with what was in my freezer... so... this weekend I am going to do a good shopping trip... I have to work on Saturday and am planning to take some recipe books with me and choose some recipes and healthify them, if need be.  (Did I just make up a new word?)

I have also been frustrated because the scale has not moved in the last week and a half... granted, from where I started I am down about 25-26 lbs...my clothes are loose and I am able to wear clothes I haven't worn in a long time... so there is progress... and I promised myself that I would not be held hostage by the scale... but... it is hard... to want to see progress...

There is a cool thing happening though... my outside is starting to match my inside again... I am starting to feel like I look the way I feel... and that's motivating.  I got an email today from another person in Maine who has pvns, and she said something about knowing that I am active and having questions about any limitations I may have... knows that I am active... I like that... having people think of me as an active person... because I want to be an active person... not someone who is active to meet a challenge (although you can be sure I have needed this challenge and will finish it!) ... not someone who is active to train for something (although I have registered for the half marathon to help me not lose my motivation, needing to have another goal.) ... but eventually I would like to be active without thinking too much about being active, if that makes sense... I want it to be part of my life, who I am... and I think I will get there... and have to know that there will be plateaus along the way...as my body adjusts...

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place