3/03/2012

Let's go BOSTON!!!

Let's Go Celtics!!!!! 

I like sports... I like sports a lot.  I enjoiy seeing the sports live more so than on tv.  This year, I must admit, that I have kind of boycotted the NBA... I think the strike at the beginning of the season was uncalled for... people who get paid what these players get paid to do something they grew up wanting to do... being people kids look up to and want to be like... should not complain about their low salaries... however... 

Meg got two free tickets to Friday's game, and she invited me to go with her.  I was VERY excited for the Celtics Experience!  We looked into taking the train down, taking a bus... but I decided that driving would be best... and it was the right decision.  We could stop on the way down as needed and ended up getting home probably at least an hour ahead of the train or bus would have.  So... here it is... 

We got to TD Garden... or as people in Boston say, The Gahhhhdin... after a bit of confusion... the directions provided on the TD Garden website were not as clear as they appeared.. we missed an exit and then had to figure it out... good thing we both have a good sense of direction.  We made it.. and by the time we parked it was about 5:30... game time was at 7:30. I had heard that you could get there early and get down close to the court to see the players warming up.. but... I was disappointed that the entrances were closed until about 6:30... but the good news, we were close to the front of the line... and the better news... we met a cool lady, named Peggy, who is a retired high school teacher, and she showed us the ropes.  She is a season ticket holder.  I asked her if it was true, that you could get down close to the players in order to schmooze a bit... she assured me that she could get us down near the players... and coached us... on acting like we knew exactly where our seats were and that our seats were close to the court... she led us down before going to her seat... So when we walked in, this is what we saw: 
 And we walked down very close to the basketball hoop closest to the camera... and there was one player shooting around, #44, Chris Wilcox.  To be honest, he is not a player I was familiar with.. but... after watching the game... I am going to keep an eye on him... He may become an integral player... 

 Here he is again... I was impressed to see, that as he exited the court, he walked by a serviceman, and he made an effort to go over shake his hand and I assume thank him for his service.  I liked seeing that... 

From behind the basketball hoop, looking way up... that's where we sat... Section 329... I thought it would be  a pretty crappy view, but I was pleasantly surprised that I could see the players and see the action pretty well.  They would be good seats for hockey too... 


This is Meg... leading the way to our seats... at this point, my stomach was a bit queasy... this whole fear of heights thing is a bit silly... 

The Warm Ups!

the Stanley Cup Banners... Let's go Bruins!! 




Peggy had told us where her seat was and LOOK, there she is!  In the red vest!  Thank you Peggy! 

DOC RIVERS!!  He is a handsome guy... 

Preparing for the tip off..

Not sure what this move is, but it made us laugh... preparing for the tip off? or... maybe the football?


The Tip Off! 


Self portrait... Yes we are REALLY at the game!!!  Yay!

Time out.. 

One of the few times KG was in place for the rebound... I have a bit of a pet peeve when professional athletes don't do the fundamentals! 

Hello Chris Wilcox! 

Reverse Dunk! 

Oh.. is that Paul Pierce getting knocked down... oh yes, it is, I can tell by the wince on his face... he is a good player... but he bugs me... I think he is a bit... dramatic and whimpy... 

Wilcox pushed the Nets player out of the way to make way for RONDO!!!! 

We sat next to a cool couple, they actually traded seats with us so I could have the aisle seat for my legs... (Thank you!) And we got them to take our picture! 

Period 2 begins...

This fan was hysterical! (the old guy!) 

Halftime!

CELTICS WIN!!! GREAT GAME!

Our Gormet dinner... PB & Js...  Meg and I are both teachers, and try to be economical... so going out to dinner was not part of the plan... but we packed some snacks... after the game, we knew parking would be busy, that getting out of the garage would take a while, so we walked around north station for a while... and then headed to the truck for a pre-drive, post-game picnic!  Always an adventure with Meg!  LOVE it! 


This was SO much fun... not just the game, but getting there... driving in parts of Boston I did not know... staying calm... and just ENJOYING!  I loved it!  Thanks for the ticket Meg!!!!  

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place