3/11/2012

Preparing for the Wedding...

This week was filled with activity... yep, still going strong with my activity level.. today was day 72!  Time to start thinking about what happens on day 101... Anyway... onto other news... 

Thursday I did not go to work.  Suellen had a dress fitting for her wedding and asked me to come along so that someone can help her get into it... since the appointment was mid morning, it didn't make sense to go into school and then leave, and it didn't make a lot of sense to come in for the last part of the day, given my schedule, so I took the whole day off... It was a great day.  I went to Suellen's dress fitting with her ... she is going to be a beautiful bride!  Then after sharing a snack at Whole foods, I had Rhubarb!!!, I dropped her off at work and decided, since it was 60 degrees, I should head to the beach... but on my way there decided that maybe I should stop and do a little shopping, to see if I could find a dress for Suellen's wedding... I had no luck at the first two stores I went to... then, I went to Macy's... and decided I would try on a variety of dresses... even those that were outside my comfort zone... and to my surprise, I found two I really liked!  Here are pics taken from my phone, so not perfect angles.. but... you get the idea... 

Dress #1... which is the one I chose... I am really pleased with it... and VERY pleased that I was able to get it in a size I did not think I would yet fit into... Yahoo!  I feel very comfortable in the dress and feel like I sill look nice on the day of the wedding while also not drawing attention away from the bride and groom as I perform the ceremony... I don't often feel pretty... but in this dress, I do!  


 This was the other dress that I really liked.  I liked it because I felt like it looked good and also thought I could use it for interviews and work , but... it wasn't as dressy as the other one, and since it is for a wedding, felt that I should go with the first one... (But I may have to go back and get this one...) 

Pleased with my dress choice...I headed to the beach.  I will post those pictures in a separate post... It was a beautiful day for a walk, a bit windy, but beautiful.  

Then... today was Suellen's bridal shower.  Her sister planned the day and it was great.  Suellen did not know what the plan would be, but I think she was pleased.  

Here is the bride to be... 


This is her with her sister, Kris, and Kris's daughter, Cassie... beautiful girls! 


We got an opportunity to take a picture together.. of course I am crouching, big time... these girls are 5' and 5'2 I think... so at 6'6, I needed to do some crouching!  

It is nice to be a part of such a celebration.  

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place