1/10/2012

Why not do it?

I stayed home from work today... because I had some medical appointments this afternoon and just decided that I was going to take the day... truth is I was worried that I would not sleep well last night in anticipation of the tests and figured having the day off would be good, in case I needed some rest.  I didn't sleep great last night, but also didn't sleep terribly... so I probably could have gone to work and been fine, but... no harm done by taking a day off.  One of my appointments today was a mammogram.  I have no reason for concern, but at my last physical I asked my doctor about the idea of a mammogram due to Debbie's recent diagnosis.  My doctor said that with my insurance one mammogram would be covered between the ages of 35 and 40 as a screening... so I said, why not have it done?  I think it is smart to have a baseline so that if there are changes at some point hopefully it would be caught early.

So this post is just to put it out there... IF there are medical tests that you can have done, DO THEM!  We hear that prevention is very important... and I think that having screenings are important.  Call your doctor, check your insurance, and do the tests.

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place