1/02/2012

Day 3... and a 100 day challenge

I went to the gym today... third day in a row... again, didn't go too crazy/intense... but just did the cardio I hoped to do.  I tried a new machine, which some friends told me would kick my butt... so I tried it for 5 minutes and didn't think too much of it... then I got on the elliptical machine and after about 30 minutes in my legs were all jello-y... so apparently that new machine did something!

My sister pointed me toward a cool website: http://100dayschallenge.org/  it's a place where you can focus on being active for 100 days.. without focusing on weight loss, calories, mileage, etc... it's just about being active for 100 days.  Consciously active, for 30 minutes a day.  So I decided to challenge my staff, at school, to do it... so I changed the start date from Jan 1st to January 4th and the end date from April 9th to April 12th... which works out well because April 12th is the last student day before our vacation.  It would be cool to use this as a way to get through winter.  There is also a cool sneaker thing to color in to track your participation... here that is:  http://www.teampenguin.com/images/100days_countupcard.jpg

So we'll see if people are on board...

Get moving!

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place