1/16/2012

January 16...

Of course today is a day where we remember Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. It's interesting to me that when I went on facebook this morning there was little recognition of MLK... I was disappointed... I think it is still imperative that we pay attention to his words, his lessons... My post for today was one of his quotes:  Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.  How true...

I went to the gym today... my 17th day in a row of at least 30 minutes of intentional activity.  Today I wasn't able to do more than 30 minutes because I needed to get home and get some things done for school tomorrow because I am working the tolls this afternoon.  But those 30 minutes were perhaps the easiest I have had on the elliptical in a long time... and I was going faster than I have gone in a long time.  It feels good to be being active, and as I listen to my body it is naturally letting me do more, push myself harder.  I like it.

I am considering making myself sign up for a half marathon... perhaps the one this fall in October... to really keep myself going.  I think not having had that as a goal for this fall was a mistake.  We'll see.

Hope Everyone is well!  (And being active!)

No comments:

My Favorite Place

My Favorite Place